There is a Chinese proverb,
To join us, first register with Online-Go.com ('OGS') if you aren't already a member. Then, join our group, Wednesday Night Go. If you hang around in the chatroom at 19:30 UTC on Wednesdays, you should see some of us.
What we do
- We play 9×9 ladder games at a sedate pace, or frenetic 19×19 blitz games, both via OGS.
- We review our games, by discussing a replay of the game and occasionally by using the built-in analyser on OGS.
Ideas for the future
We could try out several possible things with this group.
- If we get enough people on the site on Wednesdays, we could hold some some informal games between beginners with a more experienced player commenting and giving ideas about what's unfolding on the board. We can use the handicap system to make things evenly-matched.
- Spectating games with other people (in real time) and commenting on them together. This could be either our own games or games wholly external to our group, but at an appropriate level.
- For reviews, we could try interfaces like Lizzie, and services like ZBaduk and GoKibitz.
If you don't know how to play yet, I've prepared some pointers for you.